Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Several new and ongoing programs are offered this spring by Dallas Community Activities. The list provided to the Itemizer-Observer includes:
* Wiggle, Giggle and Move, a movement and music activity for children ages 4-8. Basic dance concepts and international music are featured. Meets Tuesdays, April 10 through May 1 at Whitworth Elementary School. Cost: $25. To register: 503-623-2157.
* Art Adventures: Impressions to Expressions" instructed by Mary Christensen explores the work of the masters and teaches technique for one's own creations. Wednesdays, April 4 through 25, at Oakdale Elementary. Cost $30. To register: 503-623-2157.
* "Theater Skills: Improvisation Games" for students at all skill levels including novice. Wednesdays, April 4 through 25, at Lyle Elementary. Cost: $25. A "Theater Production Skills" course will follow in May. To register: 503-623-2157.
* Karate for Everyone, an ongoing martial arts class for all ages and skill levels, meets on Thursday evenings. Cost $25 ($35 for families). To register: 503-623-2157.
* Ballroom Dancing continues to be offered in four-week sessions; next classes begin April 12. Cost $40 ($30 for age 55 and over). To register: 503-623-2157.
* Total Fitness begins a new eight-week session of strength, cardiovascular and flexibility training on April 30. Meets three evenings a week. Cost: $40. To register: 503-623-2157.
* Love and Logic Parenting, a six-week class, meets on Tuesday evenings beginning May 1. Instructed by Matt Hawkins; cost: $40. To register: 503-623-2157.
* "Summer Blast," a day camp for Dallas school-aged kids, will be offered in four separate two-week sessions beginning June 25. Cost: $50, includes lunches. For more information: 503-623-2157.
For general information: Michele Campione, Dallas community activities coordinator, 503-623-9715, ext. 22, or firstname.lastname@example.org.