Tuesday, October 23, 2007
* Monmouth library - The Monmouth Public Library will host a Halloween event, "Trick or Treat at the Library," at 3:30 on Oct. 31. It's for kids age 3 and up and will feature activities and crafts as well as treats. For more information: 503-838-1932.
* "Trail of Terrors" - Bring a can of food or $1 for the Dallas Food Bank and enter the Trail of Terrors, from 6 to 9 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, Oct. 29 and 30, at 780 SE LaCreole Drive. The fund-raising event is sponsored by Nick McCleery and family. For more information: 503-831-4666.
* Dallas Indoor Park - A Dallas Indoor Park "Harvest Party" from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Oct. 31 is for children age 5 and under at First Presbyterian Church, 879 Levens St. The costumed event features craft-making, decorating treats and games. First visit is free. For more information: 503-981-1900.
* "Great Pumpkin Bash"- The Great Pumpkin Bash is for kindergarten through fifth-grade children at Dallas Alliance Church, 775 E. Ellendale Ave., on Oct. 31. The 6 to 8 p.m. event will include candy, games and crafts. There is no cost, but tickets are required from the church office, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday to Friday. For more information: 503-623-2265.
* Retirement village - Dallas Retirement Village welcomes preschool and grade school age children who want to trick-or-treat to come with parents to the lobby areas of all buildings from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 31. Residents are looking forward to giving treats to their costumed visitors. The buildings are Independent Living, 310 W. Ellendale Ave; Assisted Living, 340 NW Brentwood Ave.; and Health Center, 377 NW Jasper St.
* Churches co-host events - Praise Assembly and Monmouth Christian Church will co-host a family event from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 31, featuring food, candy, prizes and activities. Praise Assembly is at 189 Monmouth Ave. S. for chili dogs and and a maze; Monmouth Christian Church is at 959 Church St. W. for a harvest carnival, pies, soda and face-decorating.
* WOU residence halls - A safe place to take children for trick or treating is offered by Western Oregon University's Residence Halls from 6 to 9 p.m. on 31. The activities include door-to-door trick or treating, games, and a "haunted lounge." The sponsor is WOU Resident Hall Association. Residence halls are located in the 345 Monmouth Avenue area. Parking is available in lots H and F. For more information: 503-838-8561.
* Sponsors sought for event - The Dallas Area Chamber of Commerce is still seeking sponsors for the annual kids downtown Halloween event, which this year will be held at Morrison School on Oct. 31. Interested businesses can contact the chamber at 503-623-2564.