Pedee Memorial Evangelical Church's Vacation Bible School, held June 22-26, had an enrollment of 20 children this year.
Teachers and other volunteers were Cinthia Jones, Debbie Baldwin, Pam Burbank, Carolyn Hall, Michelle Bennett and Stacy Wiedenmann. There were also fantastic teen helpers Ryan Jones, Tylor Lowther and Eva Ronco.
The theme this year was "Crocodile Dock -- Where Fearless Kids Shine God's Light." Most of the Bible stories were from Exodus about the Israelites journey from Egypt.
The June 28 worship service at Pedee Memorial Evangelical Church was the closing program of Vacation Bible School.
Pam Burbank opened the service and then adjusted the Bible school film. She turned the service over to the school leader, Stacy Wiedenmann.
Most joined the children on the first film as they sang to the very loud music and with actions about the study theme for each day:
* Day 1 -- God is with us, memory verse Exodus 3:12, "God is always with us."
* Day 2 -- God is powerful, memory verse Exodus 7:17, "Powerful."
* Day 3 -- God does what he says he'll do, memory verse Exodus 12:24, "Faith."
* Day 4 -- God gives us life, memory verse Mathew 28:5-6, "You are My King".
* Day 5 -- God cares for us, memory verse Exodus 14:13, "You are worth of my praise," "We can trust Him."
At the close of the school film, the children had a gift for Debbie Baldwin, Carolyn Hall and Cinthia Jones.
Pam Burbank then showed pictures taken during the Pedee School of classes, playtime, students, teachers, helpers, and other activities.
Wiedenmann had a short message of thanks for all the helpers as she closed the worship service.
Wiedenmann had baked a large yellow sheet cake decorated with white frosting and topped with slices of fresh red strawberries. It was served in the foyer after the service.
The June 28 Pedee Church bulletin had the July calendar of church activities and birthdays listed in it.
Among the upcoming events:
* Church Council meets at 7 p.m. at the Parsonage this evening (Wednesday, July 8).
* The campfire and get together at the park is at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 11.
* The 10 a.m. worship service Sunday, July 12, is in the park. The 11 a.m. potluck picnic dinner to follow also is in the park.
* The Pacific Conference at Jennings Lodge will meet July 19-22 for fellowship and to conduct the conference business. Pastors will be assigned their churches.
* The July Movie Night at Pedee Church is at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 25.