MONMOUTH -- Law enforcement officials seized almost a pound and a half of marijuana and 44 grams of psilocybin mushrooms from two known drug houses in Monmouth on Friday, May 20.
Members of the Polk Interagency Narcotics Team (POINT), the Polk County Sheriff's Office and Monmouth Police Department served a search warrant at 599 N. Catron St.
Authorities arrested three men and confiscated pot -- 10 mason jars' worth -- mushrooms and a small amount of Ecstasy.
Two other men were arrested at 272 S. College Drive, No. 16.
Charges ranged from unlawful delivery and attempted manufacture of the drugs to frequenting a drug house. All five men were lodged at Polk County Jail.
Polk County Sheriff Detective Mike Holsapple said deputies and officers began investigating the homes and conducting controlled buys about a month ago.
The catalyst was frequent complaints from neighbors, Holsapple said.
"There was activity there, 24-7," he said. "There was a lot of traffic and a lot of people coming and going."
Those arrested were:
* Michael Christiansen, 24, was charged with two counts each of unlawful delivery of marijuana and psilocybin mushrooms, one count of unlawful delivery of Ecstasy and unlawful possession.
* Justin Donnelly, 24, was charged with delivery of marijuana and possession of Ecstasy and marijuana.
* Adam Schneider, 19, was charged with unlawful possession, unlawful delivery of marijuana and frequenting a drug house.
* Kegan von Eberstein, 21, was charged with attempted manufacture of mushrooms and frequenting a drug house.
* Nicholas Willis, 21, was charged with frequenting a drug house.