I'm sure I could have called anyone in Pedee and filled the paper with all the fun they had with family and friends during the holidays.
Several attended Pedee Church's candlelight service with them after dinner and before welcoming Santa.
The following families reported in:
* Chris and Erika Sickendick were at the service with their kids, Ashley, McKenzie, Seth and Hallie, and Erika's parents, Pam and Jock Dalton and their twins, Lois and Maurice, from Dallas. Afterward they all went to the Sickendicks for the evening, then went to Pam and Jock's for Christmas dinner the next day. Erika's sister Carrie and Mike James were there from Dallas with their two sons, Zachary and Aiden. McKenzie had recently been accepted to go on a mission trip to Uganda in June, so she had asked that instead of gifts family members help finance her trip, which they were happy to do.
* Nick and Debbie Johnson hosted Debbie's daughter, Sherrie, Tony Hatch and her son, Jimmy, and his girlfriend, Jackie, and two granddaughters, Jeannine and Josie Draper, all of Salem, for an early Christmas dinner after church, then gifts and fun afterward. Nick's daughter Tricia and Tracy Hevern and their family came from Estacada to be with them, too.
* Most of Gene and Carolyn Hall's children came for the candlelight service, then gifts. Debbie and Doug Strange and family and Cindy and Tim McGinnis and their family were there, as well as sons Woody and Shawn and Shawn's daughters Brittany and Ashton and her husband Logan.
* Pete and LaVerne Bennett went to Pete's sister, Michelle and Gary Mahana's in Albany for Christmas Eve. They then had a Christmas brunch for the family the next day. Son Rick and Michelle Bennett came with their sons Joshua and Nash, as well as daughter Lisa Bennett from Newberg. LaVerne's sister Kathy and Darryl Zehner of Dallas and brother Donald Price of Falls City were also there.
On Dec. 20, the family got together to visit with son Jim's family as their daughter Amanda was home on leave for two weeks. She will be heading back to Fairchild Air Force Base in Spokane, Wash., soon.
* Steve and Audrey Cameron spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day in Astoria with Chris and Natasha and Audrey's sister, Georgia, and brother, Bill Moberg. Coming home for the family Christmas on Dec. 20 were James, Jenny and Eliana from Milwaukie; Stephanie and Stephen Barth and Ana from Guthrie Road; Caitlin and Zach Kelley from Tigard; and Clayton and Rebekah and their boys from Dallas.
Bob and his family flew to Rochester, N.Y., to celebrate with his wife's family, and his birthday was on Christmas day, so the family missed him. Chris left the day after Christmas for the herring fisheries in San Francisco Bay. He climbed Mount Pumori in Nepal, a sister mountain to Mount Everest, to celebrate his birthday in October. He traveled in Thailand, Korea and Japan before returning home the week before Christmas.