As of Wednesday, November 19, 2014
DALLAS — The Dallas Education Foundation has awarded its fall 2014 teacher grants, totaling $6,000 for 20 grants.
DEF president Lisa Borja said the Dallas Community Foundation provided a $3,000 grant to the organization to assist with teacher grants, a donation DEF is grateful for.
The following requests were granted:
• Darrick Bruns, Whitworth Elementary School: classroom set of calculators.
• Ryan Nelson, Whitworth: Common Core-Smarter Balance reading material.
• Tyler Lalack, Dallas High School: Chrome Book for New Options program.
• Maddy Jackson, Lyle Elementary School: iPad Mini.
• Stacy Fagin, Lyle: iPad Mini.
• John Wagner, Whitworth: spelling correctors and calculators.
• Brian Williamson, Whitworth: educational videos for Common Core-Smarter Balance.
• Lee Jones, DHS: robotics class components.
• Anna Digby, LaCreole Middle School: Chromebook for math classroom.
• Kim Noack, LaCreole: books for family reading night.
• Elaine Dunbar, Lyle: books for reading room.
• Janelle Ussery, DHS: two digital scales for science classes.
• Elizabeth Blake, Lyle: iPad Mini.
• Ruth Wagner, Lyle: books for reading room.
• Juliann Lindemann, LaCreole: eighth-grade memory quilt supplies.
• Marie Fox, Phil Osborn, Brian Hughes, LaCreole: iPad Mini for math.
• Anna Jackson, LaCreole: scenery for drama program.
• Betsy Seth, Dallas High: swim coupons for Project ACHIEVE.
• Amy Ebner, Oakdale Heights Elementary School: books for iPad Air.
• Ken Guffey, LaCreole: science equipment for STEM program.