As of Wednesday, June 3, 2015
POLK COUNTY — Don’t want to cook on Thursday? Instead, you could “Dine Out for CASA.”
Friends of Polk County CASA is holding its third Dine Out for CASA (Court-Appointed Special Advocates) fundraiser Thursday.
Participating restaurants will donate a percentage of sales, which will be used for the expenses of recruiting, training and supporting CASAs.
CASAs are trained volunteers assigned by the Polk County Circuit Court to work with children who have been placed in care due to abuse or neglect.
The CASA program is growing and looking to move into its own office.
You can help with that effort Thursday by eating at the following participating restaurants:
• MONMOUTH: Dairy Queen, 320 S. Pacific Ave.
• INDEPENDENCE: Arena Sports Bar & Grill; Chase Bar & Grill, 1083 Monmouth St.; Figaro’s Pizza, 1321 Monmouth St.; Happy Dragon Chinese Restaurant, 101 N. Polk St.; The Pink House Café, 242 D St., San Antonio, 1311 Monmouth St.
• DALLAS: Courtyard Coffee House, 156 SE Mill St.; El Pique Family Restaurant, 289 E. Ellendale Ave., suite 401; Figaro’s Pizza, 242 Main St.; L’Atitude One, 904 Main St.; Miramar, 119 E. Ellendale Ave.; Muchas Gracias, 365 E. Ellendale Ave. ; Ugo’s Pizza, 967 Main St.; Washington Street Bar & Grill, 141 SW Washington St. and Yami, 608 Main St.
• FALLS CITY: The Boondocks Bar & Grill, 318 N. Main St.
• WEST SALEM: La Hacienda Real, 475 Taggart Drive NW; LimeBerry, 525 Taggart Drive NW; Odd Moe’s Pizza, 1594 Edgewater St. NW; Papa Murphy’s Pizza (4 to 7 p.m. on regular menu
items), 1124 Wallace Road NW.
For more information: 503-623-9268, ext. 1301.