0

Dallas Puts Out Fire Quickly

DALLAS — Dallas Fire extinguished a house fire on Monday morning in less than 15 minutes.

Responders received a call at 9:59 a.m. on reports of a fire in the 1500 block of Hill Street.

All occupants in the house evacuated prior to firefighters’ arrival.

Once on scene, responders extinguished the small kitchen fire, and the occupants were able to return home.

The cause was a suspected cooking fire, according to April Welsh of the Dallas Fire Department.

“We would urge people to just be careful of the placement of items in your kitchen next to your stove top and to make sure burners are turned off,” Welsh said.

Working smoke detectors are also key in being alerted to a fire and a person’s ability to evacuate safely, Welsh said.

“This home’s smoke detectors were active,” she said. “They did their job and alerted people. Checking smoke detectors on a regular basis and replacing the batteries as needed is important. Working smoke detectors save lives.”

Commenting has been disabled for this item.

CLOSE X

Information from the Itemizer-Observer and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)