Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Covering Dallas, Monmouth, Independence, Falls City and surrounding areas since 1868
June 26, 2012
The upcoming Independence Day holiday has resulted in several changes to the usual news and advertising deadlines at the Itemizer-Observer for the Wednesday, July 4, edition.
* All social news (weddings, engagements, anniversaries, births and milestones), must be submitted by 5 p.m. Wednesday (June 27).
* All community events and calendar items must be submitted by noon on Thursday.
* All legal (public notices) space must be reserved by noon on Thursday.
* All local retail display advertising space must be reserved by 2 p.m. on Thursday.
* Letters to the Editor are due by 10 a.m. on Friday. Obituaries must be submitted by 3 p.m. on Friday.
* All classified display ads are due by 11 a.m. on Friday, while all classified line ads must be submitted by noon on Friday.
Due to the holiday and an earlier-than-normal printing press schedule, the July 4 Itemizer-Observer will go to press late Monday morning and be published on Tuesday, July 3. Subscribers should receive their copy of the I-O in Tuesday's mail. Newspapers will also be available at newsstands on Tuesday.
The Itemizer-Observer office will be closed July 4 in observance of Independence Day.
For more information concerning deadlines for the July 4 newspaper, call 503-623-2373.