Details for UPCOMING Public Hearings City Of Independence
UPCOMING Public Hearings
City Of Independence
The Independence Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on November 7, 2022 (at 7:00 pm) on LA 2022-06 – a code change that would modify the City notification requirements for land use applications. The change would require posting notice on a project site, and only require the City to publish notice in the newspaper for certain larger projects.
If the Planning Commission votes to recommend approval of the changes, the Independence City Council will consider the recommendation during a public hearing on Tuesday, December 13, 2022. The hearing would start shortly after 6:30 pm.
Public Hearing Locations: The hearings will occur at 555 S. Main Street, Independence, OR 97351. The meeting location is accessible to persons with disabilities. A request for an interpreter for the hearing impaired, or for other accommodations for persons with disabilities, should be made at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting to Karin Johnson, City Recorder, 503-838-1212 / TTY: 800-735-2900. The City is an Equal Opportunity Provider.
Information Available: Information about the proposal is available online at https://www.ci.independence.or.us/planning/page/planning-projects-and-code-changes. Paper copies of the materials are available for inspection at no cost at the Independence Civic Center. Staff reports for the proposals will be available at least seven days prior to the hearings. Physical copies of the documents may be obtained from the City for a minimal cost.
Submittal of Testimony: Anyone wishing to present written testimony may submit the testimony up to and at the public hearings. Oral testimony may be provided at the hearings.
Appeal Process: Individuals that would like to reserve their right to appeal the proposals should comment or submit a letter, along with any concerns, by the close of the hearings. Failure to raise an issue in person or by letter, or to provide sufficient specificity to afford the decision-maker the opportunity to respond to the issue, precludes the ability to raise the issue at a subsequent time on appeal.
Staff Contact: For further information, please contact Fred Evander, Community Planner, at the Independence Civic Center, 555 S. Main Street, Independence, OR 97351, (503) 837-1168, or email@example.com.
(Oct. 26, 2022)
- Deputies help rescue trapped logger
- Duo finds perfect fit for ever expanding Harvest CrossFit
- Police Reports
- Dr. Alan Kolb
- Marjorie B. Cassell
- Commissioners approve a surprise fully funded greenhouse grant
- Karrie Dawn Lamb
- Police Reports
- Dallas looks to buck national lifeguard shortage
- Central High about to have a press corps without a press
- PNW Clean Water Award honors Monmouth Public Works employee
- Western Oregon named NCAA D-II 2023 Award of Excellence Finalist
- Community Briefs
- Sheriff seeks support for youth safety program
- Panthers overpower Royal Scots
- Prep Roundup: West Salem boys basketball team keeps rolling with win at McNary
- Panther Kids wrap up regular season
- WOU Roundup: Walker breaks WOU indoor heptathlon record, takes third at University of Idaho