Bed and breakfast destinations
Spirit Mountain Casino may be the unincorporated community of Grand Ronde’s — and the state’s — most popular tourist destination, but there’s plenty more to Grand Ronde than meets the eye.
Driving down Highway 99W, one may not realize the gem they pass through when they get to Monmouth. Turn onto Main Street and discover a historic downtown filled with shops and restaurants selling local goods and handmade fare.
The city of Independence has a positive energy that permeates every nook and cranny of the town, from the historic downtown buildings to the thriving small businesses on Main Street, the parks, trails and schools.
David and Cheryl Radke see vast potential in the city of Falls City, so much so that they decided to open a bed and breakfast in the town with a population of less than 1,000 people.
If you hear a cry of “Fore!” in Dallas City Park, don’t be surprised. Don’t look for a golf ball hurtling toward you either — what you should be watching for is a flying disc.
Polk County is home to a different kind of golf — one that the whole family can enjoy. Puttskee’s Mini-Golf, located next to the skate park in Monmouth, offers family fun that can test your putting skills while providing a few laughs along the way.
The centuries-old Douglas-fir trees that stand in the grove named the Valley of Giants are humbling. They tower over human guests to their isolated area, reminding visitors how small they really are.
The rush of excitement. The moments when you’re flying through the air or completing a tight corner can be electrifying. Black Rock Mountain Bike Area, located near Falls City, offers cyclists a haven for experiencing a thrill ride.
In August, tens of thousands will discover how great Polk County is as they descend on the area for one of the best viewing places of the Great American Eclipse, a total solar eclipse on Aug. 21 at 10:17 a.m.
- OSP investigating fatal March 16 crash
- Police logs and arrest report: March 15
- Halibut poachers sentenced to jail time
- Marijuana bills roundup
- For the love of animals
- No appeals filed in Mint Valley decision
- Dallas requests proposals to study fire consolidation
- Controversial vaccine bill passed out of committee, devastating those opposed
- Independence man charged with theft
- OSBA evaluates Dallas-area charters
- First 'Canstruction' event hopes to build against hunger
- Emma Roberts 'exploring' new romance
- Kylie Jenner can't wait to spend 'quality time' with Travis Scott
- FC Direct Connect at risk
- Dallas hires Gene Green as interim
- Community Calendar: March 20
- Panthers softball defeated by Hillsboro
- Sports roundups for March 20