INDEPENDENCE — The annual Community Fiesta is going to be hotter this year — they’ve added fire dancers and fireworks.
National Entertainment News
INDEPENDENCE — The inaugural Oregon Hop Run is set to race through Independence on Sept. 28. The new event offers both 5- and 10-kilometer options, and a free kids’ half-mile dash.
RICKREALL — When Karissa Thompson started riding 10 months ago, she had no idea that she would participate in the 4-H Horse Show with her horse, Cole, at the Polk County Fair.
RICKREALL — Three worlds collide in delightfully humorous ways in Dallas-based Struts & Frets Theatre Company’s production of Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.”
POLK COUNTY — Summer is the time for outdoor concerts, and music fans in Dallas, Independence and Monmouth won’t be disappointed with the lineups starting this week. Performances at all three venues are free and open to the public. Food, beer and wine vendors will be on site at each location.
DALLAS — This Saturday, you have an opportunity to experience more than 20 wineries, cideries and a brewery without having to leave town at the second annual Dallas Art & Wine Walk.
Community Calendar: A listing of upcoming events (space available) taking place in Polk County that are open to the public. To submit an event for calendar consideration, please send it at least two weeks before the actual event date to Itemizer-Observer via email (email@example.com). To gua…
Community Calendar: A listing of upcoming events (space available) taking place in Polk County that are open to the public. To submit an event for calendar consideration, please send it at least two weeks before the actual event date to Itemizer-Observer via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Youngberg Hill will take the stage Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at Dallas’ Sounds of Summer at the Rotary Performing Arts Stage at the corner of Main and Academy streets.
Three generations of Straders will be at this weekend's Memorial Day baseball tournament, located at the namesake field, off of Academy street in Dallas, by LaCreole Middle School.
- Hotel to welcome first guests
- Harden case expected to have 38 witnesses
- Police logs and arrest report
- David Loren Cooley
- Mounce to argue for change of venue
- Lyle Edwin Cooley
- Benedetto’s offers wine, friendship in Dallas
- Learn about Dallas’ Opportunity Zone on Wednesday: Aug. 21 meeting will shed light on the new program
- HWY 99 construction continues
- DSD students learn to lead
- Dallas names interim superintendent
- At an impasse: Why could thousands of Oregon university workers go on strike?
- Eagle Scout project helps Panthers get fancy
- DHS track excavation begins
- Cameron reflects on summer internship
- Quick Hits
- Kiner invited to play with Portland Timbers second team
- Extra expenses may affect Dallas schools’ budget