DALLAS — Things look a lot different down at the Beal farm these days.
Market Rabbits champion Lylianna Amsberry, Market Goat champion Jenna Tompkins, Market Chickens champion Layton Hasson, Market Hog champion Chase Donaldson, Market Turkeys champion Rylee, Shockey, Market Lamb Tristyn Traglia, and Market Steer champion Joseph Alger
CORVALLIS — A new grant will allow Oregon State University researchers to study the nutritional value of more than 100 bee-pollinated crops, native plants and commonly used ornamental plants, a project that could help scientists better understand the global decline of bee populations.
POLK COUNTY — The Polk Soil and Water Conservation District is offering recipients of its Oak Habitat Restoration Regional Conservation Partnership Program Grant the opportunity to purchase unique and traditionally important seeds.
RICKREALL – There will not be a 2020 version of the Polk County Fair this month, but one popular event, the Polk County Youth Livestock Auction, will take place on Aug. 15.
POLK COUNTY — Production of Christmas trees in Oregon has decreased by about 50 percent in the last decade, said Chal Landgren, Christmas tree specialist for the North Willamette Research and Extension Center.
Polk County Bounty Market launches its seventh season at the Academy Building lawn in May, but there has been exploration of moving it back downtown in the future.
When the attendance at the annual Polk Home and Garden Show more than doubled last year, organizer Deb Thomas realized it was in part because of the Oregon Poultry Swap that ran concurrently with her event.
Near the conclusion of the agenda, Don Schellenberg, a longtime member of the Polk County Farm Bureau (PCFB), finally figured out why he was sent to Oregon Farm Bureau’s (OFB) annual meeting in December.
Reservations are being accepted for the Polk County Livestock Association’s annual meeting and dinner, scheduled Jan. 24 at the Polk County Fairgrounds & Event Center in Rickreall.
- Police report for Oct. 20
- Hometown developer to tackle Independence’s toughest project
- Canada’s Pattison Food Group acquires Roth’s
- Police report for Oct. 13
- Beals adjust to small family farming post pandemic
- Monmouth resident goes from watching ‘Miss Congeniality’ to being Ms. Oregon
- County outlines plans for new landscaping for courthouse
- Pally June Mann
- Katherine Louise Hall (Maher)
- Independence bicyclist killed when stuck by a car
- WOU ROUNDUP: Women’s soccer nab big conference win
- Lebanon stalls Dragons momentum
- Titans remain perfect in league play
- Dallas girls soccer playing ‘with heart’
- Panthers football break losing streak in style
- Panthers boys soccer grab first league victory
- Waldport sinks Pirates in football
- Monmouth, schools seek input on Safe Routes to School