Unclear on the Concept
SW Polk, Sheridan and West Valley Fire Districts came together for the inaugural Combined Awards Banquet on Jan. 25. The districts have been sharing personnel and equipment to improve services within the communities they serve.
DALLAS -- The Dallas Food Bank is in the need of tomato products. Mona Ordonez, a volunteer with the food bank, said it is out of tomato products to give to clients to make spaghetti and other dishes.
Applications for the Oregon Historic Theater Grant are now open. Matching grants in amounts between $15,000 and $100,000 are available out of a total of $620,000. The deadline for applications is April 1, 2020. A free webinar providing information about the application and using the online …
SALEM – Three Oregon loggers representing southwest, northwest and eastern Oregon have been chosen as 2019 Operators of the Year. The Oregon Board of Forestry will honor the recipients at its March 4 meeting in Salem. The awardees are:
On Nov. 26 at 4:45 p.m., Oregon State Troopers and emergency personnel responded to the report of a two-vehicle crash, which resulted in a single fatality, on 22 W at Perrydale Rd, Polk County.
DALLAS — Jump Start and Ready for Kindergarten, two kindergarten transition programs in Dallas School District, has helped 45 students and 25 families get ready for the first year of school.
INDEPENDENCE — Eric Dale Hedrick, 47, of Independence, was arrested on Feb. 13 for first-degree theft, six counts of second-degree theft, 10 counts of aggravated identity theft, five counts of identity theft, first-degree forgery, and 64 counts of second-degree forgery.
The Siletz Tribal Charitable Fund gave the weekly Falls City Produce Giveaway a $1,400 grant for fuel to transport the produce from Marion-Polk Food Share in Salem to Mountain Gospel Church in Falls City.
Western Oregon University Behavioral Sciences Division is hosting a seminar about the myths and realities of one particular aspect of the sex abuse issue (convicted offenders) and consider how it pertains to the larger realm of sex abuse (offenders not reported or convicted).
- Monmouth Dutch Bros. employee tests positive for COVID-19
- WOU student tests positive for COVID-19
- Officers to help with prescriptions
- Eagle sells IO to Scott Olson
- Dallas, Falls City declare emergencies
- Community responds to mask-making call
- Starting Thursday, Salem Health will distribute kits to make masks for nurses and other care providers
- Polk County Health investigating COVID-19 case
- Harper Lee McDonald
- Cherriots temporarily suspends service in response to COVID-19
- OHA reports 2 new COVID-19 deaths, 90 new cases
- OSAA adheres to Gov. Brown's school closure orders
- ODJ Warns Oregonians of Potential COVID-19 Scams
- COVID-19 plan on staying healthy
- Dallas to adopt housing needs analysis on second try
- Everett hired as CHS football coach
- DSD submits Student Investment Account application
- Dallas Schools may face fiscal challenge in 2020-21