INDEPENDENCE — The Central School District Board of Directors will meet on Monday, April 6. In light of Oregon's Say Home, Stay Safe order, the board will meet virtually and via telephone at 6:30 p.m. from the Columbia Room in the Werner Center at Western Oregon University.
INDEPENDENCE — Central School District is working to implement the “Distance Learning for All” plan directed by the Oregon Department of Education on Monday.
Itemizer-ObserverDALLAS — The Dallas School District submitted its application for its share of the Student Investment Account in mid-March, but due to the fallout of COVID-19, that amount may be in question.The Student Investment Account (SIA) was created after the passage of the Student Su…
DALLAS – The words in Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet may be more than 400 years old, but Dallas High School Theatre’s production of the classic brings a modern feel that goes beyond costumes, set and soundtrack.
DALLAS — A part-time teacher who has been a frequent substitute at Dallas High School believes photos of her body building progress on her Instagram account resulted in her being excluded from teaching at the school.
DALLAS — A Polk County business development grant will pay for 30 students to get work experience — and a small paycheck — at local businesses through a new internship program.
FALLS CITY — The winner of the Elf-themed holiday party belching contest at Falls City High School Thursday was Royal Hale. And it wasn’t even close.
DALLAS — Fifteen children from Dallas schools were granted holiday wishes thanks to Dallas Police Department’s first “Shop with a Cop” event on Saturday.
DALLAS — The annual Dallas High School Theater Children’s Show gives all elementary students in the district a chance to see a live performance, but this year it will come with something extra: Books.
FALLS CITY — For some students, the idea of two weeks off from school for winter break is stressful. Some students depend on school as place to stay warm and have a meal.
DALLAS — The Dallas School Board may consider postponing its search for a permanent superintendent for a year, and extending interim superintendent Andy Bellando’s contract for a year.
DALLAS – The Dallas School District is now in its fourth year as a “target” district for its English language learner program, a designation that allows the state to offer financial assistance to the district.
DALLAS – The Dallas School District hasn’t purchased curriculum for any subject at any grade level for 10 years. For some subjects, the last time the district brought in new curriculum was 20 years ago.
DALLAS — The Dallas High School Theatre is taking audiences on a journey of discovery — with all the misfires and pitfalls along the way — in its production of “Pippin” opening on Thursday.
DALLAS — This month, all students at Lyle, Oakdale Heights and Whitworth elementary schools received free passes to the Dallas Aquatic Center, courtesy of the Friends of the Dallas Aquatic Center.
- OHA reports first COVID-19 death in Polk County
- Officers to help with prescriptions
- Dallas, Falls City declare emergencies
- CSD board to meet April 6, accepting advance comments
- Community responds to mask-making call
- ODJ Warns Oregonians of Potential COVID-19 Scams
- Dallas to adopt housing needs analysis on second try
- CSD preparing for Distance Learning for All
- Monmouth Dutch Bros. employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Eagle sells IO to Scott Olson
- Gov. Brown works with medical advisories, extends bans on restaurants
- Cruise ship quarantine
- Polk Fire does distance outreach
- WOU eliminates 18 positions
- Independence brings fun to Fridays
- Public Agenda for April 8
- Cherriots provides temporary reduced service
- Home-schooling experts give advice for teaching at home