DALLAS – Geologist and geology instructor Sheila Alfsen found all the evidence she needed to believe that the Pacific Northwest will experience a major earthquake on the Cascadia Subduction Zone at a conference in Denver.
POLK COUNTY – State, county, city government agencies a three-state region along with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, will conduct the first major test of emergency plans in preparation for the predicted 9.0 Cascadia subduction zone earthquake.
A steady drizzle Thursday morning didn’t stop students and staff at Western Oregon University from participating in the biggest earthquake drill in the nation.
- Monmouth could allow second-story living
- Polk mill may move to Falls City
- Community Champion: Just call Walt
- Community Champion: Morton’s efforts build bridges
- New developers close to closing on Indy Station
- Trading finance for music
- Monmouth housing needs analysis shows enough residential land
- Dallas police adds ‘Shop with a Cop’
- Dallas may delay superintendent search
- Police logs and arrest report: Nov. 27, 2019