We’ve had our notice.
POLK COUNTY – State, county, city government agencies a three-state region along with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, will conduct the first major test of emergency plans in preparation for the predicted 9.0 Cascadia subduction zone earthquake.
A steady drizzle Thursday morning didn’t stop students and staff at Western Oregon University from participating in the biggest earthquake drill in the nation.
- Monmouth residents cry ‘fowl’ over birds
- Dallas Community School purchases its building
- Mounce pleads guilty to some charges
- Mounce sentenced to prison
- Police logs and arrest report: Sept. 10
- Pilot charged in Linn County
- Sandra Wagner Tiernan
- Interim leader experiences first day with students
- McClure accepts Canby job
- Dragons football smokes South Albany