PORTLAND, Ore. – Despite substantial help from recent rain and snow events, Army water managers are bracing for another challenging year as they work to refill 13 Willamette Valley reservoirs for the upcoming conservation season. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) officials report the syst…
SALEM, Ore. – Oregon’s new State Forester Calvin Mukumoto thinks a single day or single week is not long enough time to recognize all the great things trees do for people. So he’s asking Oregonians to join him in celebrating all of April as Oregon Arbor Month. For the second year in a row Go…
SALEM — Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife is seeking applicants for two positions on the Salmon and Trout Enhancement Program (STEP) Advisory Committee. Interested individuals should apply by Aug. 15.
SALEM — New state figures show at least 107 people succumbed to the harsh heat and sun that bore down on the Pacific Northwest from June 25 to June 28.
SALEM -- Memorial Day weekends marks the start of summer—and birthing season for Oregon's elk and deer herds. Elk calves and deer fawns are born from late May through mid-June.
INDEPENDENCE — For the past several years, including during this winter’s severe ice storm, the plastic pipes that run between the tented greenhouses at Independence Nursery & Water Gardens haven’t frozen.
MONMOUTH — Property owners in Monmouth have been getting requests from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) to access their property in search of unexploded ordnances and munitions.
The Dallas School District is set to make a minor change to it policy regarding allowing staff to bring concealed weapons to work, but plenty of research, discussion and thought got it there
- Police Reports
- Heather Rae El Moussa shares a sonogram photo of her unborn son
- Brenda Sue Johnson
- Get to know your rep: West Salem’s Virginia Stapleton
- Maria R Huff
- Local mousy girl becomes queen of fantasy series
- Unsafe Monmouth City Hall finally comes down
- Michael Alan Starks
- Johnny Limbo and the Lugnuts keep on rockin’ Dallas through the decades
- Dolly Parton Imagination Library free book program launches in Falls City, Independence
- Five ways to save at a time of higher gas prices and rising inflation
- No spring chickens among these senior softball studs
- High school fall sports schedules are set
- Senators eek out slight lead in MILB’s final week
- WOU Roundup: Wolves debut men’s soccer today
- Sports Notebook: Perrydale eyes return of junior varsity baseball
- WOU’s soccer coach looks for improvements in fourth season
- US Department of Education forgives $39.9 million in debt for Oregonians who attended ITT Technical Institute