POLK COUNTY — Property tax bills are on the way, and owners will probably notice an increase in the amount they have to pay, according to a report from the Polk County Assessor’s Office.
DALLAS -- Conservation efforts by Dallas water customers and the beginning of the fall rains has brought an end to the city's stage one drought conditions measures.
INDEPENDENCE — The city is heading back to the future with new development — if lingering parking issues downtown don’t keep history from repeating itself.
Editor’s Note: Public Agenda is a listing of upcoming meetings for governmental and nongovernmental agencies in Polk County. To submit a meeting, send it at least two weeks before the actual meeting date to Itemizer-Observer via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Information for the report comes from law enforcement agencies. Not all calls for service are included. The status of arrests reported may change after further investigation. Individuals arrested or suspected of crimes are considered innocent until proven guilty.
SALEM — A pandemic political deal and feuding Democrats have made for a noisy start to the makeover of Oregon’s congressional maps in time for the 2022 election.
INDEPENDENCE — For Dawn Hedrick-Roden, who won her seat on the Independence City Council in the last election by only two ballots, the razor-thin margin wasn’t simply a slim victory. To her, it meant she hadn’t made a strong enough impression on voters.
DALLAS — The Dallas School Board honored Michael Blanchard and Dave Hunt, who retired from the board after 16 years and four years of service, respectively, at its June 28 meeting.
DALLAS — Commissioners from the counties in Oregon House District 23 met in Dallas Tuesday afternoon to discuss and vote the five nominees vying to replace expelled representatives Mike Nearman.
SALEM — Many Oregon businesses will see smaller increases in their unemployment payroll taxes, and even forgiveness of some amounts, as a result of a bill now headed to Gov. Kate Brown.
DALLAS – Five adopted children of Tinitale and April Makalea have filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against their parents, the Department of Human Services and individual employees of DHS on June 16.
DALLAS — For a lawyer, the role of a district attorney doesn’t seem like much of a life — at least not according to one long-standing analysis of the profession. Often, there’s no public recognition unless controversy creates the wrong kind.
- Police report for Oct. 20
- Hometown developer to tackle Independence’s toughest project
- Canada’s Pattison Food Group acquires Roth’s
- Police report for Oct. 13
- Beals adjust to small family farming post pandemic
- Monmouth resident goes from watching ‘Miss Congeniality’ to being Ms. Oregon
- County outlines plans for new landscaping for courthouse
- Pally June Mann
- Katherine Louise Hall (Maher)
- Independence bicyclist killed when stuck by a car
- WOU ROUNDUP: Women’s soccer nab big conference win
- Lebanon stalls Dragons momentum
- Titans remain perfect in league play
- Dallas girls soccer playing ‘with heart’
- Panthers football break losing streak in style
- Panthers boys soccer grab first league victory
- Waldport sinks Pirates in football
- Monmouth, schools seek input on Safe Routes to School