MONMOUTH — Want to help make the trip to school safer for student at Monmouth Elementary School?
FALLS CITY — Greg Darr, at age 70, is so busy these days he doesn’t have much time for hobbies, what with his general contractor business, helping with his wife and son’s businesses and keeping up with their ever-expanding “semi” farm.
DALLAS -- Conservation efforts by Dallas water customers and the beginning of the fall rains has brought an end to the city's stage one drought conditions measures.
WEST SALEM — Pentacle Theatre celebrates the return of live performances to its stage in West Salem with an audience favorite: Agatha Christie’s classic whodunnit murder mystery, “The Mousetrap,” directed by David Cristobal and assistant director Emma Thurston.
INDEPENDENCE — The city is heading back to the future with new development — if lingering parking issues downtown don’t keep history from repeating itself.
Information for the report comes from law enforcement agencies. Not all calls for service are included. The status of arrests reported may change after further investigation. Individuals arrested or suspected of crimes are considered innocent until proven guilty.
PERRYDALE — As he patrols the hallways of the Perrydale School District, Thomas Hutchison is greeted with fist bumps and hails of “Hey Deputy Tom.”
INDEPENDNCE -- On Saturday’s clear night, the adventurous returned to the downtown streets of Independence in search of tales of the paranormal and, perhaps, with hopes to catch sight of an actual apparition.
DALLAS – Some people see a challenge in working with middle school students. Kasshawna (Kass) Knoll, the new principal at LaCreole Middle School in Dallas, takes delight in the age group.
DALLAS -- Now that the Polk County Courthouse building has a completed facelift with a modernized exterior, the administration is finalizing plans to completely redo the landscaping on its main lawn.
INDEPENDENCE — Three people were arrested when the Polk County Sheriff’s Office raided two illegal marijuana grows over the past three weeks, confiscating 15,000 plants valued around $30 million.
RICKREALL — A month after all the dust settled from the return of the Polk County Fair and the receipts were counted, organizers consider the event a success. That is especially considering all they had to go through to plan such an event with ever-changing safety guidelines due to the COVID…
DALLAS — To anyone familiar with the background of Monte Campbell, who has served as a judge in the Polk County Circuit Court for more than a decade, the term “self-made” might spring to mind.
DALLAS — Among the pantheon of billiard greats sit such luminaries as Rudolf Wanderone (aka. Minnesota Fats) and Willie Mosconi. Joining them from the fairer sex are such women’s greats Janette Lee and Jennifer Barretta.
Editor’s Note: Public Agenda is a listing of upcoming meetings for governmental and nongovernmental agencies in Polk County. To submit a meeting, send it at least two weeks before the actual meeting date to Itemizer-Observer via email (email@example.com).
- Police report for Oct. 20
- Hometown developer to tackle Independence’s toughest project
- Canada’s Pattison Food Group acquires Roth’s
- Police report for Oct. 13
- Beals adjust to small family farming post pandemic
- Monmouth resident goes from watching ‘Miss Congeniality’ to being Ms. Oregon
- County outlines plans for new landscaping for courthouse
- Pally June Mann
- Katherine Louise Hall (Maher)
- Independence bicyclist killed when stuck by a car
- WOU ROUNDUP: Women’s soccer nab big conference win
- Lebanon stalls Dragons momentum
- Titans remain perfect in league play
- Dallas girls soccer playing ‘with heart’
- Panthers football break losing streak in style
- Panthers boys soccer grab first league victory
- Waldport sinks Pirates in football
- Monmouth, schools seek input on Safe Routes to School