RICKREALL — The Polk County Fairgrounds and Event Center board of directors was contemplating retiring its past-its-prime stage when Samuel Noack called Fair Manager Tina Andersen.
While the Polk County Fair is best known for the rodeo and animal exhibits, there's plenty more to see in the open class categories, from foods to photography to farm crops.
Need an easy way to see if the soil in your garden is healthy? Polk Soil & Water Conservation District will teach you to do that very thing — with a pair of underwear.
- Aloha from Washington Street
- ‘Krazy’ parade needs entries
- Mid-Valley Ford to close
- Dallas begins negotiations with city manager selection
- George B. Thompson Sr.
- Monmouth joins international vigil
- Local veterans honored
- Jimmyz sells $75,000 Scratch-It
- Police logs and arrest report for July 3
- Letters to the editor for July 17