RICKREALL — The Polk County Fairgrounds and Event Center board of directors was contemplating retiring its past-its-prime stage when Samuel Noack called Fair Manager Tina Andersen.
While the Polk County Fair is best known for the rodeo and animal exhibits, there's plenty more to see in the open class categories, from foods to photography to farm crops.
Need an easy way to see if the soil in your garden is healthy? Polk Soil & Water Conservation District will teach you to do that very thing — with a pair of underwear.
- A new boutique hotel will welcome guests this summer
- Dallas to relive ‘Promise’
- Monmouth budget committee talks public works, Minet debt
- Jefferson woman dies in May 11 crash
- Police logs and arrest report
- May 21 Special District Election
- Blue Garden secret no longer
- Three schools put on joint production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Chemeketa’s wine studies program expands
- Letters to the editor for May 15