Dear Dallas Community,
January is School Board Recognition Month, and the Dallas School District, on behalf of its staff and students, would like to express its deep gratitude to our school board members Lu Ann Meyer, Jon Woods, Michael Blanchard, Mike Bollman, and Matt Posey. School board members are volunteers who spend countless hours serving our district.
They have a tough job to do that requires a delicate balance of valuable skills. They are skilled listeners, decision makers, advocates for children and public schools, and policy makers.
They set and monitor goals, establish budgets, guide collective bargaining, and establish and maintain policy to positively lead our district forward.
They work diligently together to focus on the key question, “Is it good for kids?”
The following words from a few of our staff members and students express the sentiments of us all:
• The key to our success rests in people like you who embody the spirit of greatness by saying, “Yes I can, and you can, too!”
• Just a small reminder, so that you’ll always know, we surely do appreciate how you help children grow. Thank you!
• Thank you for all the hours you spend, attention you give, needs that you tend, knowledge you pass on. Your special touch, offering guidance, and undaunted by much.
• Thank you for being approachable and hosting board meetings in our buildings.
• Thank you for visionary leadership that puts children at the center of all you think, say, and do.
Thank you, school board, for your devoted service to our district.
Michelle Johnstone Superintendent