MONMOUTH — With two of the goals in a three-goal flurry at the end, Western Oregon picked up a key Great North-west Athletic Conference victory Saturday over visiting Saint Martin’s.
PORTLAND — Wolves punter Andrew Gross earned a Great Northwest Athletic Conference honor for his play on Saturday at Portland State, being named Special Teams Player of the Week.
MONMOUTH — Stanley Rodrigues, having spent multiple years coaching throughout the Western Region, returns back to the Pacific Northwest to become the first-ever head men’s soccer coach at Western Oregon University.
EUGENE — Two former Western Oregon University runner competed in the U.S. Track & Field Olympic Trails in Eugene over the weekend. Derek Holdsworth competed in the 800-meter race, and was just short of advancing to the semifinals.
MONMOUTH -- The Western Oregon University baseball team landed the No. 3 seed for the upcoming NCAA West Regional that will take place this coming Thursday through Saturday at host Northwest Nazarene. The top three teams in the region will compete for the regional championship with the winne…
MONMOUTH — Western Oregon University’s Court Hammond, a linebacker for the Wolves football team, has shed his college football jersey for a professional one.
MONMOUTH — Western Oregon University Athletics is adjusting in the midst of a rapidly evolving COVID-19 public health crisis that has resulted in the suspension of collegiate sporting events across the country. Rather than cancel the 34th Wolves Athletic Auction, the department is moving to …
Itemizer-ObserverMONMOUTH - Derek Holdsworth might be a new face on Western Oregon University’s track and field team, but he’s already establishing himself as someone to watch for.On Feb. 1, he secured a first-place finish in the 800-meters race at the University of Washington indoor track a…
MONMOUTH — Coming off of a historic 2019 season, the Western Oregon University football team is set for another challenging schedule in 2020. The Wolves will play five home games and will open the season with a Division I opponent playing at the University of Idaho, and will later face Divis…
PORTLAND — For the second time this indoor season, Derek Holdsworth has taken home Great Northwest Athletic Conference Track Athlete of the Week accolades after his record-breaking effort in the 800 helped him to the GNAC award on Monday.
Itemizer-ObserverMONMOUTH — After taking the lead in the first half, the Western Oregon University Wolves men’s basketball team came out stumbling in the second half to give the 87-82 victory to the Northwest Nazarene Nighthawks.The Wolves opened with explosive start to the game, jumping out…
- Embrace the music: Smith Fine Arts Series auction goes online
- Seamus Egan Project to play at Smith Fine Arts
- ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ takes stage at Rice
- Find the mystery in Monmouth’s history
- WOU’s history
- Club Sports
- WOU Athletics
- Wolf Ride :WOU offers free shuttle service to students
- Christmas at WOU
- Dallas finds its wings
- Police report for Oct. 20
- Hometown developer to tackle Independence’s toughest project
- Canada’s Pattison Food Group acquires Roth’s
- Police report for Oct. 13
- Beals adjust to small family farming post pandemic
- Monmouth resident goes from watching ‘Miss Congeniality’ to being Ms. Oregon
- County outlines plans for new landscaping for courthouse
- Pally June Mann
- Katherine Louise Hall (Maher)
- Independence bicyclist killed when stuck by a car
- WOU ROUNDUP: Women’s soccer nab big conference win
- Lebanon stalls Dragons momentum
- Titans remain perfect in league play
- Dallas girls soccer playing ‘with heart’
- Panthers football break losing streak in style
- Panthers boys soccer grab first league victory
- Waldport sinks Pirates in football
- Monmouth, schools seek input on Safe Routes to School