DALLAS — The 17th Annual Brockway Memorial (Open) Golf Tournament will be held on Saturday, Feb. 1 at Cross Creek Golf Course. The event will be a two-person scramble format over 18 holes with a shotgun start at 9:30 a.m. Cost for the tournament will be $56 and includes green fees, hole pr…
As the major league baseball season races towards its October crescendo and the Central High School fight song only now begins to fade in the ears of Panther faithful following the high school baseball state championship earlier this spring, another tune of bat and ball and glove drifted int…
Jacob Hoda, a member of the Salem Sprague Little League baseball team, is playing with his team in the little league world series in Williamsfort, Pennsylvania. Games begin on Aug. 16 and will run through Aug. 25. Both sets of his grandparents live in Dallas, and his parents, Kate and Joe Ho…
DALLAS — Christopher Brees, one of the coaches of the Dallas Prune Pickers, a 10U all-star baseball team, wants to make sure the community knows how thankful he is for their contribution to the team this season.
DALLAS — The Lady Dragons Fastpitch team is currently looking to fill 10U, 12U, 14U and 16U rosters for the 2019 fall softball season. Head coaches are looking for players with great attitudes, strong work ethic, exemplary sportsmanship and the desire to improve and grow in the sport.
MONMOUTH/INDEPENDENCE – Whether you’re an avid runner or haven’t laced up the shoes in some time, it’s OK: the Fourth of July mini-marathon doesn’t discriminate.
All I could hear was the blood pounding in my ears, and the sound of my ragged breath as I crunched through the snow and ice that covered the trail, trudging slowly up the unforgiving terrain.
If you’re a parent looking for activities to sign your kid up to this fall, Western Oregon University offers community youth swim lessons each term for kids ages 6 months to early teens.
If you’re looking for a new hobby to pick up, head over to the Health and Wellness Center at Western Oregon University, where they offer rock climbing classes for anyone ages 4 and older on their state-of-the-art 40-foot rock climbing wall.
It only took one run from the Mountain View Toros before the Dirtbags cinched up their defense and brought another triumph to their scoreboard, winning the game 4-1 in Monmouth on Wednesday evening.
Three generations of Straders will be at this weekend's Memorial Day baseball tournament, located at the namesake field, off of Academy street in Dallas, by LaCreole Middle School.
POLK COUNTY — Ride ’em cowboy. The Hell on Hooves Rough Stock Rodeo returns Thursday at 7 p.m. As cowboys and cowgirls compete, expect to see fans flock to the rodeo arena for some high-speed excitement.
DALLAS — The Dallas Booster Club has long played a major role during Summerfest. The club is bringing something new to the festivities on Saturday.
- OHA reports first COVID-19 death in Polk County
- Officers to help with prescriptions
- Dallas, Falls City declare emergencies
- CSD board to meet April 6, accepting advance comments
- Community responds to mask-making call
- ODJ Warns Oregonians of Potential COVID-19 Scams
- Dallas to adopt housing needs analysis on second try
- CSD preparing for Distance Learning for All
- Monmouth Dutch Bros. employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Eagle sells IO to Scott Olson
- Gov. Brown works with medical advisories, extends bans on restaurants
- Cruise ship quarantine
- Polk Fire does distance outreach
- WOU eliminates 18 positions
- Independence brings fun to Fridays
- Public Agenda for April 8
- Cherriots provides temporary reduced service
- Home-schooling experts give advice for teaching at home